Happy New Year readers! We’re having a great time down in FL where we cheered on our Clemson Tigers in Miami as they beat the Sooners in the Capital One Orange Bowl. Now we’re on our way to the National Championship, can you believe it?! This hasn’t happened since 1981!
Anywho, in other exciting and sunny news, Lilly just announced that they’re running their annual After Party Sale at 8AM Monday, January 4th. YAYYYY!!! This is my favorite sale of the year, such great prices on my favorite brand! Even better, I’m writing this after we just left Palm Beach so I’m feeling even more in the Lilly spirit.
|Me in front of one of the Lilly stores in Palm Beach!|
Things always sell out right away, here are some tips and my favorite items (including how they fit). One change since the last sale – this year the sale is one day only. Hang on y’all, this is a pretty detailed post, but so full of good info!
1. Go here to access the sale on Monday at 8AM. Make sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat (@ephilli), I’ll be sharing updates! As mentioned above, the sale is only ONE DAY this year (ends at 11:59PM Monday).
2. Create an account/update your account and login ahead of time. Click here to do this. Login before the sale and make sure your credit card and address are all correct so checkout is faster. Note that between 7-8AM ET on Monday, you will not be able to login so go in before that point.
3. You’ll be put in a virtual line and can only check out once. Once you check out you’re back at the end of the line.
4. Have multiple browsers and devices ready. During the last sale, my mobile worked best for purchases (via their app) vs. my browser. I also got Firefox moving faster than Chrome. By having a few browsers/devices going, I was able to get my favorites early because I had multiple places in the virtual line. Enlist your friends/family/husband to help if you have lots of must haves!
5. If you put something in your cart, it is not reserved. You could add 5 things to your cart and go to check out and have all of them gone. This is why I do multiple browsers/devices so I can check out early, multiple times.
6. Shipping is free! Hence why it’s no big deal to checkout a few different times. Sometimes it does take 2-3 weeks longer than usual to get sale merchandise though and you cannot expedite ship anything.
7. You can also shop in store. Most local signature stores, in addition to the corporate stores, participate in the sale. If you have an item you really want, call a store to see if they have it or can locate it at another store. You can even call in advance of the sale to see if they’ll help you out with favorites. Click here to find locations near you.
8. All sales are final. They will not accept returns for After Party purchases and you cannot change sizes, etc. after your order is placed. I’ve found I can usually sell things that don’t fit or I don’t love on the Lilly Facebook pages – here, here, here and here are my favorites.
9. The site will crash or have some weird glitch. It always does, it’s just a fact of the Lilly sale madness. Keep up with Lilly’s Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates.
10. So, what should you be on the lookout to buy? I always go into the sale with my “must have” list and purchase those things ASAP, I’m talking within like 5 minutes of the sale going live y’all, it’s that crazy.
Here are my favorite Lilly items with my sizing suggestions (you can also do their TrueFit profile to get pretty accurate size suggestions while you shop):
This will be what I go for first. I wear a M and would suggest staying true to size. When they first came out with Elsa’s they were very large, so if you’re between sizes, size down.
I live in my popovers on nights and weekends. There’s even a Facebook re-sell site specifically for the popovers. I actually go with size L in this one because I like them a tad bigger and comfy.
|I love this pic of us telling my bestie we were preggers, of course in our Lilly Popovers!|
These are my favorite work tops and favorite tops to wear with shorts or skinnies in the summer. I go L here too because the M gets a little tight across my chest. So, if you’re larger chested, go up a size, otherwise stay true to size.
The scallop detail on these is so cute! I size up because I like my shorts larger. I’m going to rely on TrueFit to help me pick a size this year.
Like this one I wore for New Years. I’m so in love with this one too. Comfy and oh so cute. I go M here, I could have done a S even in the New Years dress below, so size down if you’re between sizes.
I live in these in the summer. I go up a size to a L because they shrink if you dry them.
Now with Sully in my life, anything I buy for myself, I’ll look for something in the same print for her. She may look just like her Daddy, but at least she can dress like Mommy :).
|Photo cred: Liz Fogarty|
YAY! There you have it folks, all my tips and favorites! So, what are you looking to buy on Monday?
Leave a Reply