curious to know what other parents do for bedtime, mealtime and everything in
between. There’s a million ways to parent and I’m so encouraged when other
Mamas open up and share how they get things done. That’s why I’ve decided to post
about our bedtime routine, plus let you in on my favorite PJs for Sully by Softsie (she even wore them on her bday below).
We got pretty
lucky I have to say, Sully LOVES going to bed. If it gets too late she’ll even
grab the dish towels off of the oven and lay down on them putting herself to
sleep on the kitchen floor, no joke. We try to keep blankie and passie confined
to the crib or car, hence only having dish towels to reach for, ha!
around 5/5:30 we get an hour to an hour and a half of play in before it’s time
to start winding down. First step for us in this process is a shower. We’ve found she prefers a shower over a bath (+ I feel like the tub in our rental is a little unsafe if you ask me). Her favorite bath toy… a flexible measuring cup. Go figure!
Then it’s time for PJs after her bath. We’re
actually pretty picky about PJs because I feel like what Sully has on truly does affect
her sleep. My all-time favorite is her Softsie one-piece in the black and white pendants. Complete disclosure, I was sent this for free to review, but I am serious
when I say they’re my absolute fave! I would put them on Sully every night if we had
enough. And honestly, some days she just wears them all day long (hello lazy Sundays!).
So why do I love our Softsie pajamas so much? It’s too much to write out, so here’s some bullets for those of y’all like me that love a good list…
- So darn soft (hence the name!)
- Infused with all-natural aloe vera, jojoba oil and vitamin E, great because Sully has such dry skin
- Anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and SPF properties
- Chemical-free and hypoallergennic
- Snug fit for flame resistance
- Made in the USA
- Perfect amount of stretch, it’s not hard to put on, but doesn’t go
loose in any place
- It zips (why do they even do snaps still anyway?)
- Feet have grips, so important once they start walking
- With wash and wear at least 2x/week, it hasn’t lost any of its quality
- Developed by a fellow Mom. Natalie, the founder, is super sweet and I feel like all of us Mom’s can relate to her story in some way.
- Oh and it’s really cute, I also love the
mint color too!
routine though, after bath and PJs, we make a “baba” which we’re trying to get
away from/transfer to milk but are just having the darndest time. She hates it in the sippy cup, she expects water and is totally freaked out by the milk in her cup. Would love
any suggestions on this transition!
We snuggle with
blankie while she has baba and then it’s time for prayers and bedtime. I want
to start incorporating a book in somewhere, but she just gets so tired
we’re lucky to even make it through prayers sometimes before she’s jumping to get
in her crib.
As an overview,
here’s our (ideal) bedtime schedule:
Leave a Reply