I came across a little gem of a post on Facebook about the 90s and couldn’t help but share!
Ok, all children of the 90s (yes I was technically born in the 80s, but whatev, I only REALLY recall my 90s childhood), so do you remember these things:
Takes ya down memory lane right?!
So here’s the brilliant link, 10 Things 90s Kids Will Have To Explain To Their Children.
Some things I would have to add to the list that I will need to explain to my children are:
- Pogs – Yes we collected, traded and lusted after circles of printed cardboard.
- Hanson – No, mommy didn’t have a crush on girls. Those are indeed, boys.
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? – Yes, this still scares me. And yes, I still may be afraid of the dark.
- Brittney Spears – Was, like, at one point, like, the totally coolest girl on the planet.
- Clueless – It’s ok she fell in love with her ex-step-brother. They’re not technically related and you know what, that’s not the point anyway. High fashion and how to be a well rounded “Debbie” is the point.
- Abercrombie & Fitch – Paying high dollars to advertise a company across my pre-teen chest was the cool thing to do. And no you can’t do it. And yes, I still love the LFO song about this very thing.
Peace, I’m outties.